Hello! I am an assistant professor of marketing at
Olin Business School, Washington University in St. Louis.
My research is empirically oriented, covering topics in
market designs, digital platforms, and economics of digitization.
mengl `at' wustl.edu
1. "Does Machine Translation Affect International Trade? Evidence from a Large Digital Platform"
Erik Brynjolfsson (MIT and NBER), Xiang Hui (WUSTL), and Meng Liu (WUSTL) Published in Management Science
- Media: Washington Post, VoxEU, Slator, MIT Sloan, NBER Digest
- Best Conference Paper Award Runner-up, 2018 Workshop on Information Systems and Economics
- NBER Working Paper No. 25015
- Media: VoxEU, MarketWatch, MIT Sloan
- Best Conference Paper Award Runner-up, 2018 Conference on Information Systems and Technology
1. "Forecasting the Spread of COVID-19 under Different Reopening Strategies''
Meng Liu (WUSTL), Raphael Thomadsen (WUSTL), and Song Yao (WUSTL) submitted
2. "The Geography of Ridesharing: A Case Study of New York City''
Tom Lam (Clemson U.), Meng Liu (WUSTL), and Xiang Hui (WUSTL) submitted
- Best Paper Award, Workshop on E-Business, ICIS 2017
3. "Targeted Incentives, Broad Impact: Evidence from A Large Online Marketplace"
Xiang Hui (WUSTL), Meng Liu (WUSTL), and Tat Chan (WUSTL) draft coming soon
4. "Do Computers Reduce the Value of Worker Persistence?"
Erik Brynjolfsson (MIT and NBER), Meng Liu, and George Westerman (MIT) Revise and Resubmit at Journal of Management Information Systems
5. "Incentive Contracts, Adverse Selection, and Risk Transfer: Evidence from Procurement''
Meng Liu and Tom Lam (Clemson U.) Revise and Resubmit at Journal of Industrial Economics
1. "Artificial Intelligence Can Transform the Economy" Op-Ed, The Washington Post, September 2018.
Erik Brynjolfsson (MIT and NBER), Xiang Hui (WUSTL and MIT), and Meng Liu