Hello! I am an assistant professor of marketing at
Olin Business School, Washington University in St. Louis.
My research is empirically oriented, covering topics in
market designs, digital platforms, and economics of digitization.
mengl `at' wustl.edu
"Do Digital Platforms Reduce Moral Hazard? The Case of Uber and Taxis" Meng Liu, Erik Brynjolfsson (MIT and NBER), and Jason Dowlatabadi (Uber) published in Management Science, featured article
- NBER Working Paper No. 25015
- Media: VoxEU, MarketWatch, MIT Sloan
- Best Conference Paper Award Runner-up, 2018 Conference on Information Systems and Technology
"Does Machine Translation Affect International Trade? Evidence from a Large Digital Platform"
Erik Brynjolfsson (MIT and NBER), Xiang Hui (WUSTL), and Meng Liu (WUSTL) published in Management Science,, featured article
- Media: Washington Post, VoxEU, Slator, MIT Sloan, NBER Digest
- Best Conference Paper Award Runner-up, 2018 Workshop on Information Systems and Economics
"Forecasting the Spread of COVID-19 under Different Reopening Strategies''Meng Liu (WUSTL), Raphael Thomadsen (WUSTL), and Song Yao (WUSTL) published in Scientific Reports
- Our COVID-19 forecast website
- Media: CNN, NBC, MedicalXpress, WebMD, US News and Word Report, Salon, The Hill, BGR, HealthDay, DailyMail, The Times of India, UPI, Consumer Affairs, WUSTL theSource, Healio, among others
"The Geography of Ridesharing: A Case Study of New York City''
Tom Lam (Clemson U.), Meng Liu (WUSTL), and Xiang Hui (WUSTL) published in Information Economics and Policy
- Best Paper Award, Workshop on E-Business, ICIS 2017
"Targeted Incentives, Broad Impacts: Evidence from an E-commerce Platform"
Xiang Hui (WUSTL), Meng Liu (WUSTL), and Tat Chan (WUSTL) Reject and Resubmit at Management Science
"Do Computers Reduce the Value of Worker Persistence?"
Erik Brynjolfsson (MIT and NBER), Meng Liu, and George Westerman (MIT) Revise and Resubmit at Journal of Management Information Systems
1. "Artificial Intelligence Can Transform the Economy" Op-Ed, The Washington Post, September 2018.
Erik Brynjolfsson (MIT and NBER), Xiang Hui (WUSTL and MIT), and Meng Liu